Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is it just me?

Everyone seems to think my blog is all about THEM.  Hello?  This is MY blog, aka, MY diary, MY life.  If you think it's all about YOU, it's not really....it's about the things that happen in my life with rescue dogs.  Get over yourself that I'd have time to dwell on drama you maybe, unwittingly created within me?  I am ever so grateful to have wonderful friends I've met over dogs...local, in person friends, and long distance, on-the-internet dog lovers alike.  I love them all.  But more and more lately, I am seeing their "true colors".  And I'd wondering if it's just me?

I see people getting puppies from breeders, one in particular who tried her hand at rescue, but that didn't last long...and I never found out the real reason why, but I can see (for crying out loud!) that breeding puppies is apparently more important to the world then saving ones dumped in shelters.

I see people seeming to think that by getting a puppy it will be easier on the present dog.  Now I'm stewing.  This breeder has them hood-winked into feeling honored to get one of their breeding?  Honored?  They seem to feel they have really thought this all over, and that it was a huge decision, or maybe not so much....does it really matter?

I know the game.  I know the sales act.  Heck, you might say I do it all the time for rescue dogs.  I want to ask you seriously...what is wrong with a second hand dog? It too came from a breeder in the beginning, and probably a proper breeder at that.  But just because it found itself on some rough luck, all the sudden that dog is considered JUNK?

Where is that breeder now?  Excuses, excuses....they won't take their dog back.  Oh, they might say they do, they might have you sign some fancy contract, but whose monitoring that?  Who cares?

I think about all my friends who support rescue, yet they turn around and buy from a breeder.  What is wrong with all that is they don't have a clue that what they are really doing is cabashing rescue and promoting breeders.  It's pretty simple.  They say well, "my dog wouldn't accept a rescue".  HELLO?  Whose in charge here, the dogs or the people? 

I just can't take it anymore, but if I say anything I will be banned, blocked, loose friends, fans and people who truely pretend to care about rescue.  But really? They don't.  All they care about is the same damn thing everyone else does; they want the PERFECT DOG.  And they think, only THE perfect dog comes from a breeder, as a puppy? 

All of them came from breeders in the beginning, some are destroyed inbetween (BY PEOPLE), and it's people like this who give them a name.  'JUNK' may as well be a rescue dog's name...because that's what it feels like to me, thrown away like garbage for whatever stupid reason, and I bust my ass to save dogs...and wonder why do I bother?  This all just adds to my depression.  Pile it on...

I wish I could save them all.  If I could, I'd save the entire world...but with breeders still out there, I'm so screwed.  And with people out there willing to shell out money for a puppy, I wonder...  "Is it just me?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment