Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

The holidays are all about friends and family.  Many years ago, I got hats for our service guys at Weller.  Dan P. wears his, but the other guy never did, so I got it back...the bahhumbug one I wear in this blog...  I love Dan and his family, he is one of those guys that can't help but cry when you cry, or hug you when your lip is quivering.  He knows.  He is a wonderful man, and I'm proud to know him.

And during the holidays, I try to get out and see as many friends, family and doggie people as I can. This year my dear friend Rebecca made picture ornaments for some of the other rescue dogs, and I have been out delivering them all week.  Everyone just LOVES THEM.  A true gift from the heart from yet another giving soul, who many, MANY times holds me up emotionally to continue saving dogs and heck, just SURVIVE!

There are surprises and dear friends and volunteers who come bearing gifts for rescue.  And a "new-to-us" computer is heavenly.  Peggy is our official WGSPR volunteer photographer.  She's also working on a fundraiser book, that I was proud to participate in.  So Peggy also brought me my photo.  It is the most beautiful thing, and the most precious of gifts anyone could ever give me.  When you are busy saving dogs, you are rarely thinking of photo ops.  But Peggy took the time to do that for me.  I so appreciate this...

And to continue my Christmas celebrations, I met with my old friend Judi last night for MEXICAN.  It's become our new thing, and I'm not complaining. We always gab the night night away. She is another one of my soul sisters, we can talk about ANYTHING, we can reminisce about omg....ummm, ok, I won't elaborate, but trust me, we have been places, done things, met folks in high places, well, you would be safer not knowing.  Needless to say, it's always a GREAT time when Judi and I can sneak away for some fun time.  I'm not sure what the rest of the holiday season will bring me, but I am praying in it is a JOB.  One with health insurance.  I'm not getting any younger you know.  So, I'm off to chill out, maybe crack some wine, watch Christmas movies...there isn't a dog out there to worry about today, thankfully.    http://santa-tracker.com/  




No comments:

Post a Comment