Thursday, December 16, 2010

The More the Merrier...

As I said, I don't have alot of holiday things, but I do get to celebrate some.  I DID wear my dog, Miracle's hat to Joyce's work party... I sampled martinis this year (well, three at least) and had one of my FAV shots...kamakazee, and that was all, home by 930PM.   

This week was my other job holiday party, always a very nice time, great people, great food, lotza laughs, once again home by 9PM.  I'm a real party animal you know...

There are a few traditions I never skip during the holidays... to get together with friends, drink a grasshopper, eat shrimp, have steak, eat cookies (notice I did not say bake them), have a bowl of Christmas candy, and tahdah....CLEAN OFF MY DINING ROOM TABLE!  Once a year, I gotta see the top of my table!  Ok, maybe twice (when the folks come too you know...)
Cards and gifts that surprise come thru the mail or other, are always awesome too!  It's strange to spend Christmas alone, but surprisingly NICE, cuz you do not have to get dressed up, or even UP, to go anywhere, or to cook anything (until you want to), you can open presents if you want, or not. It's pretty much like any other day of the year, 'cept in your heart you know it's not.  You do wish you could be with your family.  It's not the same.  This year I put in a request.  To my sister.  I told her I MISS HER, and I need my family around me right about now.  A girl can only hold out so long you know?  I need a 'fix'.  So this weekend, she's coming to my place.  Let the cleaning begin!  Thank goodness I don't have a job, because I DID find the top of my dining room table. And it looks pretty nice, as I remembered it.   I'm trying not to think about all the dogs in dire straights right now who need to be saved.  It's overwhelming.  I do the best I can.  Afterall, I remind myself, I AM only one person.  Bring on the next holiday party, I need some cheer.


No comments:

Post a Comment