Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DO-SI-DO

Congrats Hunter, you deserve the BEST!
So my life in rescue goes like this...  yesterday a volunteer sends me a very cryptic text saying "when can you pick up Stuart?"  Big surprise to me, I text back "why".  Two days, no response. I send an email, asking what's up, cuz it's all news to me, and since this volunteer has not contacted me for like over three weeks, I have to assume things are fine with the dog, cuz if they weren't I'd most certainly know it...  anyhow, ok, so I got that dog to move, for whatever reason, and he's like in the most remote corner of the state there is to me...  Then I have a WI shelter contacting me kindly to help Bo, and I WANT TO, but where the heck will I go with him?  And I have another volunteer who will be out of town, and needs a place to stash Louie, and ya know, if that's not enough on a girl's brain, well, I dunno...it's no wonder I don't have a life ya know?  So here's how it all plays out, kinda like a  little  DO-SI-DO (if you ever square danced?) the dance move means: Partners, or those designated by Caller, face. Walk around each other passing right and then left shoulders back to own position.  To me, meaning you pass each other up, but you end up back where you belong.  Hmmm, very much like DOG RESCUE.  Or the dynamics of where to put who, and always paying attention to whose where, who has whom and all that goes with rescue sorta drama.  So tonight in a matter of an hour, my partner and I figure out we can let A find us for Stuart, we can save B/Bo easily by stashing him with Chris in Bay City, and we can swap C/Louie between us easily, as my gutt feeling is, based on adoption applications lately, he will be next to find home.  And there you go, we are now at HONOR - Partners, or those designated by Caller, face- Ladies Curtsy, Gents Bow.  Face-to-face, problem solved, a couple of small things left, but no biggie... it's all lining up to save another dog.  And with one finding his home this Friday (Hunter) helps open up the space to ultimately make that next GREAT SAVE (Bo)...just like that.  PROMENADE - Partners!  Ha!  Now I drink some merlot.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment