Friday, November 5, 2010

Just when you think it's over...

I tried to retire, but just when you think it's over, Its NOT!  I got tricked.  Tricked by a volunteer who figured she could easily take over this empire of a rescue I created.  I should have known better.  Seems I've walked this road before with people.  But the bottom line is, if you do not respond to people, if you do not stay active, come up with fresh, new ideas to find volunteers, to help these dogs find new homes, you will loose it all, FAST.  That was what was happening; like going to hell in a handbag!  So I never got to retire, and I'm not sure I ever will.  Scarey thought, because dog rescue is all consuming. You think of dogs when you wake in the morning, you think of them all day long, you thing about them till you can finally turn your brain off at night and sleep.  Yall might think I'm crazy, but talk to anyone to rescues some critter or another, and you will more then likely get the same story.  I know some that are so deeply involved, they no longer have a normal life.  Sometimes I ask myself, what WAS a normal life like?  Very scarey.  So I had to take this rescue back over, or risk destroying the empire I created, because certainly trusting someone else to run things, isn't ever gonna happen.  I give up. 

Tomorrow we're showing dogs for adoption at Petco, I hope it's not another waste of time. (And it wasn't!  We had four wanna be adopters come to see Hunter!  He will be heading to his new home this Friday! WE ROCK!!)  But anytime I get to show-off and talk to the public about our breed, I'm HAPPY to do so!  I was supposed to have a "date" tomorrow night, but that got cancelled.  It's OK, I have plenty to do around the house, and on the website to keep me entertained, and I'm sure my own dogs will appreciate the extra time I have for them.  I try to not always be a complainer...  sometimes you just gotta vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment