Sunday, November 21, 2010

On a daily basis...

For some reason this year is the one...  an old boyfriend found me, perhaps that started it?  Then I got to thinking about others from way back, I have thought of often, but have not seen or heard from in years.  It made me wonder how they were doing?  Some I have found, others apparently don't want to be seen or heard.  It's not a big deal.  There is no ulterior motive for this.  I think it's perhaps closure?  Or perhaps finding myself, making amends with myself?  I did not wish to find any of these fine fellas to spark up a relationship, cuz afterall, as you well know, when you save dogs, you have no time to do that properly AND have a relationship. Not everyone feels about dogs like I do! When they start ordering me around on how to properly disapline my dogs, that's when I know, they are not the ones for me, and they get the boot.  Can anyone really be a part of my life anymore?  I think I'm STUCK.  Stuck in pain?  Stuck in dogs? Stuck in love?  Stuck, stuck, stuck?  Perhaps seeking out and being sought out is the key to helping me find that closure or the purpose behind all this so I can become UNSTUCK?  hmmmm, one thing I know for sure, I make time every day to love my dogs.  We roll around on the bed, we act silly and we love each other.  We dance, we run, we toss toys to play fetch, we do errands together, they never complain about what I want to watch on tv, or how fat I might be, or that I don't want to do something. They are glad I am around for them, but not nearly as glad as I am to have them in my life.  However long that may be, we take time to enjoy every day with each other, and I am grateful they chose to come to me.  If I never have a normal life again (whatever that is), I know I won't ever be lonely with a dog in my life.  We care for each other, no strings attached.  How can life get any better then that?

1 comment:

  1. GSP Lady ... what a great pix of you and the kids .... love, love, love it!!!! You get more beautiful as the years go by ... and what lucky kids you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete