Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some of my favorite things...

There's nothing more fullfilling, then saving a dogs life.  There are somethings you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar on when pulling a dog from a shelter...that dog is probably not potty trained.  Most folks won't touch a not potty trained dog!  But I'm telling you its not that difficult folks!  I had a guy email our info email telling me he just got his dog out of a training place after four years there?  GOOD GRIEF, what dog in the world needs four years of hunt training? Almost sounds like a forgotten dog to me.  So he went on to say they have also have a brittany, who lives in the house and now they want to bring Cody into the house too, but ummm, the dog is not potty trained.  HELLO PEOPLE?  Urgh...  then he suggests the dog will be kenneled outside during the day, and inside at night.  OK, maybe if you are really dilegent you can have a situation like this, but come on?  The dog is outside 8-10 hours a day, can pee and poop anywhere it wants, then inside, not allowed?  I say will make it easier for an adult dog to flip the switch if it's one way or the other.  And in this case, they WANT to make Cody a house dog, I applaud them for that.  So I gave the guy my leash him to yourself trick or crate/potty/crate training tactics.  I gave him my opinion about neutering Cody as well.  I gave the guy a link to my fav forum site for shorthair owners as well.  OK, I admit it, I LIKE talking about dogs, and training dogs, and educating folks about their dogs.  These are a few of my favorite things!          

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures with GSP's!

    ReplyDelete