Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The right attitude!

I love this email we got from a wanna-be adopter, he has just the right attitude:
 
I have a question for you guys. Do you have a dog that can live up to the reputation of Nadia (our english pointer). Do you have a dog that can swim for 6 hours, pass out cold on the ride home, and after an hours sleep chase a laser pointer for an hour? Do you have a dog that can break into any garbage can? Do you have a dog that will steal my fish and eat just the head? Do you have a dog that will not leave your side. Even if you get up at two in the morning to get a glass of water? Do you have a dog that is content eating at least one tennis ball a day. (We have an endless supply from a tennis club. It also makes poop patrol easy for the kids.) Do you have a dog that if left at home will pee on your wife's pillow for spite. Do you have a dog that can climb fences, break out of a dog crate with NO damage, A little explanation on the last two. Nadia can jump or climb any fence. We just did not realize that she just wanted to lay on the front porch. We tried a dog crate for training. She just got out and again peed on my wife's pillow. My lab was a rescue from milwaukee. He had personality and we loved him. He passed of old age. We got Nadia when I volunteered and the Kenosha animal shelter (before kids). Nadia is hit or miss right now. Our vet specializes in flat coat pointers, but says Nadia is just aged and is having problems. She can still see a little and is hard of hearing. I have to carry her upstairs to bed. Speaking of beds I got my daughter a Dora the Explorer kids couch when she was 2. She did not like it. Nadia has slept on this same little Dora couch for the last 5 years. We take that damn thing everywhere. Do you have a dog that will dig up all of the neighbors drain tile in an attempt to kill a gopher? The next pooch we get has big shoes to follow. But as I said the kids are going to pick "The One."  Thanks
 
What this guy understands is, pointers are CHARACTERS....I WANT THIS ADOPTER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment